Saturday, October 10, 2009

Addicted to Twitter



Yes, I admit it. I'm addicted to Twitter, even if I don't own a Blackberry or an iPhone. Mostly I access Twitter through a mobile friendly web-based Twitter client called dabr.co.uk. It's great, efficient, low on bandwidth (only 3kb per page), and has everything I need.

Twitter is such a fenomena, but I agree that Twitter has a very bad first impression. Many users signed up, looked around, and never came back. One of them was me. I had no follower when I signed up on 17 April 2009 (off course!) and it's simply stupid to post anything since nobody would read it (back then I didn't know about reply). Through Facebook (which is so last year), I was followed by friends who are already on Twitter. So I came back and tried to use it again. By August, I became an active user.

Twitter is not just about us and our friends. It's about the larger circle. It's about the world since we can follow any public account. I stopped checking my Facebook account because people who update their statuses are not the ones I want to read, and it's getting boring for anti-Facebook-apps people like me, so I only use it for photo sharing (Flickr is really good but it's not free).

That's not the thing with Twitter. On Twitter, we can follow everyone, and we don't have to follow our followers. And just with one account we have access to our friends, news, and what the celebrities are doing right now. Ha!

Ps: one of my best Twitter experiences is: I know my favorite band's unpublished gig through Twitter. And ordered tickets by replying the tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment