Friday, February 1, 2008

What a Coincidence


Two months ago, I was upset because I was not invited to my cousin's wedding that will be held next month in Bali. The reason is probably that it's too expensive to get all five of us (my family) to Bali regarding the airfare and hotel cost. So on the invitation card, it is written "(my father's name) and wife". Not "and family".

Actually if they invited me, I didn't really mind paying for the plane tickets by myself. I was thinking that it will be a great opportunity for me and my family to have vacation together, which we were not having for.. maybe the last 10 years.

But, a very unbelievable coincidence happened.

I got an email from a colleague in the office with a subject that began with [Outing Community]. When I opened it, I saw a big photograph of Nusa Dua, Bali with a button that said "Bali, here I come!". Then I quickly scanned for the date, and I instantly found it. February 29 - March 2, 2008.

And my cousin's wedding is on March 1, also at Nusa Dua.

Wow. So I can silently come to the wedding and take some photographs between the crowds. And then silently disappear.

And later, in Jakarta, she won't know that I actually was there. But then I'll show the picture of me at the wedding with her at the background. And leave her there without saying a word.

But... I don't think I'll have free time during the wedding, since it's an office outing. So, it's pointless actually. Haha.

No, I do have a point. The point is, Bali, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment