Saturday, January 3, 2009

I miss CNJ Radio...



It has been four months since CNJ Radio 99.9 FM Jakarta was on the air. You can see the news here. I miss driving my car at night, listening to that radio station. I would lower my window, the wind blows against my hair, and sweet piano tunes flows from the speaker..

I miss that classical, news, and jazz. Especially the last one. Every now and then, I tried to tune in to the channel, hoping that CNJ would be back. But what I got, was always that Ninetyniners radio that play Top 40 music. Is that necessary? Another Top 40 station?

So now I always brought my iPod shuffle when in car, because other radio stations are having just to much commercial. But I tune in to Trax FM in the morning for that hilarious Melanie Ricardo's show and in the afternoon, my long time favorite radio, Prambors (still miss that Irfan & Angga's show). But today's Prambors is not like the old one. It's becoming more and more similar to any other Top 40 stations.

But at night, other radio stations are just to loud for me and I need something classical or jazz-ical(?) So, hopefully there will be another jazz radio in town.

2 comments:

  1. iyah, gw juga kaget, radio bandung itu tiba2 dah gantiin kemerduan malam denagn iringan jazz....

    ReplyDelete
  2. tapi kayaknya ada gantinya, coba tengok freq.90.2 FM

    ReplyDelete